Apply rotational stiffness to a beam end
The Rotational stiffness command allows you to graphically apply partially fixity/linear springs to the ends of beams.
- Open a Review View.
- On the Review tab, click Fixed \ Pinned.
- Go to the Properties window.
- In the Attribute list, select Rotational stiffness.
- Set Mode to Set On.
- Set Direction to Major, or Minor as required.
- Set Rotational stiffness to Partially fixed, or Spring linear as required.
- If Partially fixed, set the percentage fixity value; or if Spring linear set the spring stiffness value as required.
- To apply the new setting do one of the following:
- Click an individual beam end.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag a box from left to right to apply to all beam ends entirely within the box.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag a box from right to left to apply to both ends of all beams within the box or cut by the box.