Connection Resistance dialog
The Connection Resistance dialog displays the pre-defined connection resistances for steel beams to Eurocode and US head codes. It can also be used to add or edit user-defined connection resistances.
To open the dialog:
- Click the Home tab.
- Click Materials.
The Materials dialog is displayed.
- On the Sections page, check that the required head code and material are displayed.Note: Both steel and cold formed materials can have resistances defined, unless the head code is US, in which case resistances can be defined for steel only.
- Click Connection Resistance
The dialog content is described below.
1. Title Bar
- The currently selected head code.
- For India this also displays LS or WS, and for US displays LRFD or ASD, according to the setting of the currently open model.
The filter settings determine what is displayed elsewhere in the viewer.
The Member Type filter has options for:
- Simple Beam
3. Connection Types
Pre-defined and user-defined Connection Types are listed here according to the Filter settings.
- Click the Add... button to add a user-defined Connection Type.
- Click the Edit... button to edit a user-defined Connection Type.
- Click the Delete button to delete a user-defined Connection Type.
4. Info box
Displays information related to the currently selected Connection Type. For user-defined Connection Types the information displayed here can be added or edited via the Add… and Edit… buttons in the Connection Types area of the viewer.
- Resistance values are listed in the window according to the Filter settings and the currently selected Connection Type. The resistance values (for user-defined Connection Types) can be edited directly.
- The ‘Active’ setting means that, when ticked, the particular resistance will be considered in the check. The Active status can be edited directly in this window for individual resistances but is more quickly edited using Activate/Deactivate. All pre-defined resistances start out Active.
- If ‘Hide undefined values’ is un-ticked those resistances which have zero value currently assigned will be displayed along with the other sections. This box is ticked by default when opening the viewer.
- If ‘Hide inactive values’ is ticked those resistances which have ‘Active’ un-ticked will be hidden in this window. This box is un-ticked by default when opening the viewer.
- Use the Edit... button to edit the bolt row count or resistance or Active status of a user-defined Connection Type. Note that multiples of the same section size can be added through the Edit Resistances dialog, so that the same size with different bolt row counts and resistances can be defined.
Click here for an example showing the use of Edit... as described above.
- Use the Activate/Deactivate... button to change the Active setting for multiple sections. Set the filters in the Activate/Deactivate dialog, then set either Activate or Deactivate, and then Apply if you want to change further Active settings or Apply & Close to finish.
6. OK and Cancel
|Commit all changes made in the viewer to the database.|
|Closes the dialog box without saving changes.|