DELTABEAM® is a proprietary slim floor system. While DELTABEAM® sections can be analysed in Tekla Structural Designer they are not designed.
Workflow in Tekla Structural Designer
Initial DELTABEAM® section sizes are selected from the database and applied in the model. Peikko Designer can be used if required to better determine suitable initial sizes.
- The model is analysed, and a member forces report is created. This report is then sent to Peiko.
- Peiko provide the detailed design and final analysis properties.
- The Tekla Structural Designer model is updated as required.
- If the properties have been revised, the self weight could be affected and the model should be reanalysed.
- A further iteration may or may not be required.
- On the Model tab, click the arrow next to Steel Beam.
- In the list, select DELTABEAM®
The beam will adopt the properties displayed in the Properties window.
- In the Properties window select the section required. Note: D Series internal beams and DR Series edge beams can be selected provided the database country is set to Finland, Norway, Sweden, or Europe. You can add user defined sections to the database for the same countries if required.
- Select the construction as either composite, or non-composite, as required.
- Adjust the remaining properties according to your needs.
- Click the start point of the beam. Tip: If you are using a point along a member, do the following:
Click the member to view its points.
Click the point that you want to use, or type the distance from the start of the member to the desired point.
- Click the end point of the beam. Tip: If Tekla Structural Designer prompts you to pick another point, do one of the following:
Click the end point again.
Tekla Structural Designer creates the beam.Note: If you are placing a DR series edge beam, the flange will be drawn to the left of the line from start point to end point (easily verified in a 3D scene view). Once the beam has been placed, if you want to switch it to the other side simply select Reverse on the Edit tab and then click on the beam.
Create a member forces report
- On the Report tab, click Model Report...
The Report Contents dialog box opens.
- To add a report, click Add and type a name for the report in the Active Style field.
- To add the member forces chapter to the report, expand the Analysis headung in 'Chapters and Options' and drag the Member Forces chapter to the Report Structure pane on the right.
- Review the report structure and modify it according to your needs.
- To limit the output to selected levels, frames, planes, or sub structures, apply a model filter. Tip: You can further limit the output of Loadcases and Combinations sub chapters by applying a loading filter.
- Click OK.
- Click Show Report to review the report and check that it is displaying the required level of data.
Add DELTABEAM® properties to the database
- On the Home toolbar, click Materials.
The Materials dialog box opens.
- Go to Sections, and click Manage Sections.
The Sections dialog box opens.
- In the country list, select the database country.
- In the Page pane on the left, select the appropriate DELTABEAM Series.
- Click Add...
- Enter values for each of the requested variables as supplied by Peiko.
- Click OK.