How do I use the Commute funtion to allow me to work remotely?
The Commute function allows you to borrow a server license for up to 30 days. It will allow you to work when disconnected from the network, the licenses will be returned as soon as the commute period has elapsed.
How do I check out licenses?
- Ensure that your machine is connected to your network then open Tekla Structural Designer. On the Home Tab of the Ribbon click the License Manager button to open the License Manager.
- Select the Commute page - note that all the license features you have claimed to run the program are already selected.
- Click Check Out and select the number of days to check out the license (the maximum number of days is 30).
- OK this - you should then see all the license features added to the Commuted Licenses box as shown in the picture below.
- You can repeat this same process to commute licenses for other Structural Design products that use Sentinel Server Licensing.
- For Tedds ensure you select ALL the Tedds license components before commuting, not just the ones claimed and automatically selected, so that you have the license features for both Tedds and Tedds for Word. For more, see this specific guide for Commuting Tedds Licenses in Tedds TUA.
The license will check back in automatically if the number of days is exceeded without checking the license back in – this is also mentioned below
How do I return the licenses?
- When you are back connected to the network and your license server, open the the License Manager from within Tekla Structural Designer as before and select the Commute page.
- Click the Structural Designer product title in the Commuted Licenses box to select all license components, then click Check In. You can repeat this process for any other programs you have commuted licenses for.
Note: The license will check back in automatically if the number of days is exceeded without checking the license back in.