If you intend to use either Tekla Portal Frame Designer and/or Tekla Connection Designer program and wish to INTEGRATE with Tekla Structural Designer it is highly recommended the corresponding version of Tekla Structural Designer is installed.
Installation & licensing
This release will upgrade your Tekla Portal Frame Designer & Tekla Connection Designer installation to version number 220.127.116.11 and should be installed to ensure optimum function of the program.
- New Licenses - Tekla Portal Frame Designer 20 & Tekla Connection Designer 20 will require the activation of a new license. You should already be in possession of your Product Activation Key (PAK) as these are usually distributed prior to the software release. Please contact your local Service Department now if you do not have your PAK. To minimise any down time we advise that your PAK is activated BEFORE installing the software.
- License Server - If you have chosen to have a separate licence server, it is always our recommendation that you also run the latest version of the Tekla Structural License Service on it to ensure compatibility. Please see System Requirements for specific version details.
- Installation: This version will remove any previous version and install 18.104.22.168.
- Tekla Structural Designer - if you wish to integrate Tekla Portal Frame Designer 20 and/or Tekla Connection Designer 20 with Tekla Structural Designer you MUST install Tekla Structural Designer 2020 available from the Tekla Download Service.
Fixes & Enhancements
A number of minor updates and enhancements have been included in this release, including:
- [TSD-5977] - When designing portal frames to Eurocode, if a haunch was specified that was cut from a different section to the rafter, the haunch would not be taken into account in the strength checks, (and it would also be drawn incorrectly with the sharp end connecting to the rafter centre line rather than the underside of the web). This has now been fixed. Note that for existing models, in order to get a haunch cut from a different section to the rafter to be recognised you would need to open the frame in the latest version and reselect the haunch section from the database.