After installing Tekla Structural Designer 2018i and you are unable to find help topics for the following areas
- User Guides / Analysis Guide / Graphical display of the analysis results (Results View) / Displaying 1D and 2D results, deflections and reactions/How do I animate 1D and 2D Deflections?
- User Guides / Basics of Tekla Structural Designer / Interface Overview / Right-click menu commands / Animate...
- User Guides / BIM Integration / Export to IDEA StatiCa Connection Design
- User Guides / Design Guide / Design Options / Design Options-Sway & Drift Checks
- User Guides / Design Review Guide / Working with the Review View / Show/Alter State / Wind drift
- User Guides / Loading Guide / Working with Load Groups
- User Guides / Modeling and Editing Guide / Grid Lines, Construction Lines and User Points / User Points (XYZ Points)
- User Guides / Modeling and Editing Guide / Member global offsets
- Engineer’s Handbooks / Concrete Design Handbook / Interactive concrete member design / Interactive concrete column design / How do I define additional column design cases?
- Engineer’s Handbooks / Stability Requirements Handbook / Allowing for global second-order effects / Drift checks
- Engineer’s Handbooks / Stability Requirements Handbook / Allowing for global second-order effects / Sway checks
Tekla Structural Designer Help utilizes the Adobe AirHelp platform which is able to be installed with local content but will automatically switch to online content if that is available. Unfortunately there was a minor issue with the configuraton of the AirHelp with the initial build of the installation causing the 2018 content to be displayed in preference to the 2018i content. Hence the new features which you would expect to find in the help (listed in the Symptoms) appear not to be present.
You will experience the problem if both of the following are true
- Apps & Features the version installed is 6.1.0
- The online version displayed is 6.0.0.x
Switch to the local content by
- Launch the help
- Hover over the green button (bottom right hand corner)
- Click "go offline"
The installation has been updated - re-download and install the installation package.