This release will upgrade your Tekla Portal Frame Designer & Tekla Connection Designer installation to version number 184.108.40.206 and should be installed to ensure optimum function of the program. It includes a number of enhancements and issue resolutions as detailed below.
If you are upgrading from a version earlier than Tekla Portal Frame & Tekla Connections Designer 2018 SP1 (version 18.0.1.00) you can find details of enhancements and fixes included in all previous releases in Tekla User Assistance (TUA) and Tekla Downloads via the links below:
- Tekla User Assistance Main version release notes
- Tekla User Assistance Service Pack release notes
- Tekla Downloads
Licensing & Installation
- Licensing - no new license is required for this version.
- Installation - this service pack requires Tekla Portal Frame Designer 18 & Tekla Connection Designer 18 to be installed and will upgrade this to version 220.127.116.11.
Fixes & Enhancements
- A number of fixes are made to improve the Tekla Structural Designer integration process.
Tekla Connection Designer
A few minor bug fixes and improvements including:
- Design Forces - Beam to Column Connections - moments and shears (taken from the Tekla Structural Designer analysis) were assigned the wrong sign when populating the Beam to Column Connection design forces (TSD-4541).
- The sign convention of Moment Connections in Tekla Connections Designer is to have a +ve value of moment on the connection face when there is a -ve value in the attached beam (this would put the top bolts of the connection in tension), and a -ve value of moment on the connection face when there is a +ve value in the attached member. For shear, the same convention as for beam end forces is used. These conventions were not followed leading to the signs being reversed when populating the connection design forces.
- All Connection Types - Steel Grade - the steel grade for parts of a connection was set to S355 rather than taking the grade of the beams/columns in the Tekla Structural Designer model (TSD-2871).
- Bolt Classification - Beam to Column Connections - the Bolt Classification list - displayed on clicking the Bolts > [...] button on the Combinations tab - was not correctly initialized with bolt data. It was necessary to first review the Bolt Layout (via Face C or A > Bolt Layout tab) in order for the Bolt Classification data to be populated correctly. It is most likely that this would be done in any case in normal operation, however this is no longer necessary (TSD-4551).
1 This number is an internal reference number and can be quoted to your local Support Department should further information on an item be required.