This release will upgrade your Tekla Structural Designer installation to version number 18.0.2.05 and should be installed to ensure optimum function of the program. It includes a number of significant new features together with several enhancements and issue resolutions as detailed below.
If you are upgrading from a version earlier than Tekla Structural Designer 2018 Service Pack 1 (version 18.104.22.168) you can find details of enhancements and fixes included in all previous releases in Tekla User Assistance (TUA) and Tekla Downloads via the links below:
- Tekla User Assistance Main version release notes
- Tekla User Assistance Service Pack release notes
- Tekla Downloads
Licensing & Installation
- Licensing - no new license is required for this version.
- Installation - this service pack requires Tekla Structural Designer 2018 to be installed and will upgrade this to version 18.0.2.05.
- Previous Versions and file compatibility - Files from all previous versions can be opened in this release however note that, once saved, they may not open in an older version. If you wish to retain this option we therefore recommend using the File > Save As… option to save a new version of the file and retain the original.
Fixes & Enhancements
General & Modelling
- A number of fixes are made to improve performance and stability including:
- File Opening - Connections - models containing Splice Connections could not be opened once saved and closed. An error message “The file cannot be read!” would be displayed when attempting to open such a file (TSD-3321)
- Modelling - Portal Frames - a program error would occur when attempting to make one or more copies of an existing Portal Frame object (TSD-3121).
- File Saving - in some rare circumstances, involving very close/overlapping slab openings, the saving of the file was prevented (TSD-2581).
- Load Decomposition - in some circumstances a program error could occur when running the separate Decomposition process (Load Ribbon > Decomposition) after Validation (TSD-3221).
1 This number is an internal reference number and can be quoted to your local Support Department should further information on an item be required.