This release will upgrade your installation to Tekla Structural Designer 2017i Service Pack 1 version number 22.214.171.124 and should be installed to ensure optimum function of the program. It includes a number of issue resolutions as detailed below.
If you are upgrading from a version earlier than the most recent Tekla Structural Designer 2017i (version 126.96.36.199) you can find details of enhancements and fixes included in all previous releases in Tekla User Assistance (TUA) and Tekla Downloads. You will find all the main releases listed in the Knowledge base area of TUA under Release notes while those for Service Packs can be found under Updates. Links to release notes together with the version number can also be found in Tekla Downloads (login required).
Licensing & Installation
- Licensing - no new license is required for this version.
- Installation - this service pack requires Tekla Structural Designer 2017i to be installed and will upgrade this to version 188.8.131.52.
- Previous Versions and file compatibility - Files from all previous versions can be opened in Tekla Structural Designer 2017i Service Pack 1 however note that once saved they cannot then be opened in an older version. If you wish to retain this option we therefore recommend using the File > Save As… option to save a new version of the file and retain the original.
- 32bit (x86) and 64bit (x64) Versions - Service packs are available for both 32bit (x86) and 64bit (x64) versions of Tekla Structural Designer. Before downloading, check which version you have currently installed via the Information button at the top right of the Tekla Structural Designer window, then download the appropriate service pack.
Enhancements & Fixes
General & Modelling
- File Opening - 2D Strips - models created in earlier versions which were saved with the visible view(s) displaying 2D Strip Results could display an Exception Caught error message on opening and the view(s) would fail to display. This would occur only with models for which results were removed on opening due to model updates requiring reanalysis (a warning to this effect is issued in the Process Windows in this circumstance). The affected view(s) could be closed then reopened and results successfully viewed after running analysis again (54065).
Analysis & Results
- Envelopes - a program error would occur when attempting to display a result diagram for a combination envelope. Additionally, the existence of envelopes could, in certain specific circumstances, prevent completion of the design process (54060, 14349).
The number in brackets after an item denotes an internal reference number. This can be quoted to your local Support Department should further information on an item be required.