Tekla Structural Designer has been written with the latest tools from Microsoft and other 3rd parties and requires the following PC specification.
Minimum PC spec
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2.0GHz (or dual/quad core equivalent)
- Memory: 16GB
- OS: Windows 7
- Graphics: 1,600 x 900 widescreen resolution
Recommended PC spec
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2.0GHz (or dual/quad core equivalent)
- Memory: 32GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- Graphics: 1,900 x 1,200 widescreen resolution.
Supported operating systems
Tekla Structural Designer 2016 is tested and supported on the following business versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 (SP1) 32-bit and 64-bit
Note that 64 bit OS will be required to access more than approximately 3GB RAM (this is PC / manufacturer dependent).
- A high quality graphics card with a minimum of 512MB of dedicated RAM is recommended.
- Although the minimum system requirements will allow the software to operate, the recommended specifications is necessary to ensure effective day to day use.
Due to the fast changing nature of the PC market and the vast array of graphics adapters available it is impossible to test all graphics cards currently on the market. Tekla Structural Designer utilises a third party graphics engine available from Tech Soft 3D, namely HOOPS Visualize. If you want to check your adapter’s compatibility with the HOOPS Visualize engine you can do that on their developer website. Tekla Structural Designer currently uses HOOPS 20.x and DirectX.