This service pack should be installed to ensure optimum function of the program. Several improvements and issues have been resolved including:
- Enhancements to performance and stability particularly related to tolerances.
- Head Code BS\EC – Lateral Design Combinations which include NHF or EHF doubling the load when calculating the deflection. This issue was introduced with the release of 2015i.
- Improvements have been made to the model operation slab splitting.
- Head Code EC – The program has been updated to include the new rules for the Minimum Degree of Shear Connection for UK Construction to EC4.
- An issue has been resolved when trying to create a steel deck in bays on a floor which were linked and had a diaphragm defined.
- An issue has been resolved where the Portal Columns of a Portal Frame failed to design. This was due to a Portal Frame copying issue. Opening the model with this Service Pack applied and rerunning the design solves this issue.
- Head Code EC – An issue has been resolved for non-composite beams with web openings. The program reported an error status, when the position of maximum moment coincided with a load point.
- All Head Codes – Concrete design, Improvements have been made to the auto design process when the user defined length factor is outside the design code limits.
- Wind load decomposition – In some instances line loads resulting from decomposed wind load cases were not getting applied on to walls due to a tolerance issue.
- Concrete Design – The analysis and design process failed to complete and reported an error in the process window “Solver failed”. This was caused by inconsistent analysis models for Building Analysis, Grillage Chase-down Analysis and FE chase down analysis.
- Various issues resolved where files were failing to open.
- Files can now be saved which are greater in size than 1 gb.
- The following changes with regard to the Westok Cellbeam export have been made :-
- The roof / floor option is always available regardless of the auto-design setting on the member.
- The forces transferred from the purlins to the Westok beams are now exported correctly. Purlins are added as restraints to the top flange.
- We have introduced a 0.001 kN limit to the reaction forces from secondary beams. Forces below the limit will not be exported.
- Snow drift load case is now exported correctly.
- For roof construction, “Imposed as Permanent Ratio” and “Natural Frequency Limit” are now set as zero as these are relevant to Floor construction.
- Performance has been enhanced.
32bit (x86) and 64bit (x64) Versions
Service packs are available for both 32bit (x86) and 64bit (x64) versions of Tekla Structural Designer. Before downloading, check which version you have currently installed via the Information button at the top right of the Tekla Structural Designer window, then download the appropriate service pack.